
This week I focused on finding resources to enhance my science and social studies curriculum. I work at a Title One school and we do not have a lot of donations made by parents/guardians for additional magazines and resources for our classroom. We wanted to order Weekly Readers or National Geographic magazines for each of the students but we were unable to collect enough money, but I did find a great alternative which is National Geographic Young Explorer website. This site has monthly magazines posted for kindergarten and first grade. Each month it has different themes that go along with the month that includes a story that is read to you. Therefore, the students are still able to enjoy and learn the same content that they would if they had their own magazine. I projected it onto my big t.v. screen and the students loved it and it was very educational. It also includes a teacher’s guide in print version for each month that has lesson plans, discussion question and much more!
Photo created by National Geographic Young Explorer
1 comment:
Great way to be financially creative with technology! Time for Kids is another one that you could easily adapt in this way.
Post a Comment