Photo by Microsoft Word clipart

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Using Technology with Kindergarten Students

I came across this teacher testimony and I found it very interesting. I enjoyed reading a testimony and personal views from another kindergarten teacher who has been successful in implementing technology into his classroom instruction. I found it unusual for a teacher who has been teaching over 30 years to be so creative and excited about teaching and exposing his students to technology. He states, "Technology is one of the biggest and most exciting changes I have seen during my teaching career." He gives examples of engaging activities that she does to enhance learning in her kindergarten classroom. This motivated me because if someone who has been teaching over 30 years can learn to use and implement technology in their room, then we all can no matter how long we have been teaching!


Gathers, C. (2001) Using technology with kindergarten. WWW4Teachers. Retrieved November 14, 2008 from http://www.4teachers.org/testimony/gathers/index.shtml

1 comment:

Kim said...

I had a teacher tell me today (23 years teaching) that technology has renewed her excitement in teaching. She said, "The traditional way of teaching is now boring to her."

Can you effectively implement the use of technology in the kindergarten classroom?