This website is also geared toward the kindergarten classroom. It has a number of useful resources. One link includes internet resources that are a series of internet links that are directly related to the integration of technology in the kindergarten classroom. Each link has a brief description for each one and how you may use it. Another link is how to use Kid Pix to teach writing process and for story publication. In addition, it has another link called Bringing Books Alive with "Living Books." From a developmental standpoint these living books can offer kindergartners a multitude of learning opportunities from the practice at manipulating the mouse to the whole range of action and reaction responses from the clicking on hot spots. As the text is read by the narrator words are highlighted showing the all important left to right and top to bottom conventions that kindergartners are being exposed to. I found this website to be a wonderful tool to explore and use in the kindergarten classroom.
Crosby, D. ( 2000) The Alien Teacher. Retrieved September 24, 2008 from http://www.polson.k12.mt.us/cherry/teachers/crosby/crosby.site/kindtech/kindtech.html
Photo by Microsoft Word clipart
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Misty,
What a great resource! I took a look and oh my gosh—the Grandma and Me series of living books! I absolutely loved reading these to my children! And the link to “Emails and Fax Machines” being overlooked as technology integration tools for kids—excellent! Yahooligans and Ask Jeeves for Kids are both terrific resource sites. Looking at all these wonderful resources makes me yearn to be a Kindergarten teacher!! Diane
I noticed that there was a Sesame Street section on this site. It made me think of the great video podcasts on I-tunes that are Sesame Street. Go to I-tunes, click podcasts, and search for Sesame Street.
I think this is a fantastic site for teachers as well as students. with the new technology, and the necessity of technology use in today's society, I think it's a great idea to start teaching these tools to students at the kindergarten level. This makes me think of another blog I just responded to about kids needing foreign language earlier, because I feel the younger an individual can learn something the better. I think this site is great because kindergarten age students will love it! Any learning that involves Sesame Street and Arthur should be a big hit for these students, and will make them want more.
Stephanie
Post a Comment