Photo by Microsoft Word clipart

Friday, October 3, 2008

Technology: It's Primary

I thought this article was interesting because it discusses how children perceive computer technologies as toys and not tools unless they are taught otherwise. It states how teachers need to start as early as possible preparing students to think of technology as more of a tool of learning. It also mentions that project-based activities based on curriculum started in the early grades builds responsibility and encourages enthusiasm for learning that transfers to future years and makes classroom experiences relevant to real-world learning. In addition, it includes how to start simple with integration, use technology for emergent readers and useful K-2 websites.


Bray, B. & Lovely, G (November 2002) Tech Learning. Technology: It’s Primary
Retrieved October 2, 2008 from
http://www.techlearning.com/db_area/archives/WCE/archives/primarbb.php

1 comment:

Kim said...

Just the fact that Gail Lovely was a co-author of this article gives it validity to me. I have been to many conferences that I have chosen to sit in her sessions. Her website (linked from the article-and also on my blog,)has a wealth of early childhood resources.

Can you effectively implement the use of technology in the kindergarten classroom?